EMAIL THIS LETTER TO MEMBERS HELPING WITH SETUP
I just wanted to send you all a friendly reminder that you signed up for the Restaurant Imaginary Play center. Barbara would like A LOT of hands on activities for the children. Listed below are your fellow committee members
Group Coordinator: Person A (2 Day)
It is the Group Coordinators job is to delegate jobs to everyone else. To make sure that everyone is helping as necessary. To keep up with communications between group members as well as to make sure that when collecting donations that everyone knows where to go so that everyone doesn’t go to the same exact store. The Group Coordinator must also keep track of all items needed and collected so that they can ensure the Imaginary Play area has all that is needed. The group coordinator is also responsible for setting up a date where everyone can get together to create the Imaginary Play theme and also to decide who will be helping with clean up.
I know it sounds like a lot but don’t worry I am always here to help and I am more than happy to do so.
*Here is an idea for delegation you change the job description or needs as necessary
* Everyone helps with setup and takedown
Members: Person B (Class) Collect Donations and specific items
Person C (Class) Collect Donations and specific items
Person D (Class) Collect Donations and specific items
Person E (Class) Create Something Specific
Person F (Class) Create Something Specific
You will be responsible for setting up AND taking down this center. The setup date will be ---- and the take down date will be---- If you are unavailable it is YOUR responsibility to trade with someone from another month.
First things First decide what kind of Restaurant you would like.
The School/ Teacher Barbara has the Following:
• Cash Registers
• Play food that must be sorted into three containers
1. Containers of play food items for Market play ( whole foods for preparing food)
2. Container of play food items for the restaurant (meals and ready to eat)
3. Play food and dishes for everyday play set up when no Imaginary Play theme is up.
You will need to Create, Collect, or Get Donations for the Following:
• Child size aprons and chefs hats
• Use preschool kitchen area to “prepare foods”
• Use pots and pans, dishware to “make food” and create place settings
• Note pads and pens/ pencils for the waiters to take down orders
• Create menu’s using pictures of food from magazines have them Laminated use manila folders Label the front with something cute like “LPPP Café” also create place settings (show where fork, knife, spoon, plate and cup go) laminate them as well
• A chalkboard with “Specials” written on it
• Have two small tables set with chairs for seating in the restaurant
• Two small vases with flowers for the table, table clothes, cloth napkins
• Cooking magazines and cook books
• Make sure there are plastic bowls, plates, cups, plastic forks spoons knives, pitchers, cooking utensils
• Make a drive-up, pick-up window get a large cardboard box
There is a Refrigerator/ Air Conditioner Store in Lake Forest where you can get large boxes here is the info
Phone (949) 586-3669
25741 Commerce centre
Lake Forest, Ca 92630
Hours of Operation
Tuesday thru Friday 8:30-5:30
• Visit Restaurants and ask for donations use the donation letter make sure you sign it and leave your contact info (among other things ask for take out containers) if you are doing a pizza restaurant then go to several and ask for pizza boxes, etc.
* A few ideas are Pizza store, Sandwich shop, Chinese restaurant, Japanese food (sushi, yum!) etc.
• Trays to carry food
• Make Felt food like felt pizzas etc.
Go Here for the Donations letter for the Restaurant of basic items needed remember you can always add to it as needed. Simply Copy and Paste into a Word Document (change Font size as needed)Include the Base Donations Letter along with the specific Donations Letter for the unit you are working on.
Please “REPLY TO ALL” and keep me in the loop with all emails so I can stay up to date with your progress and ideas.